turning 24

6:27 AM

24 was such a big birthday. A small party with the ones I love – dinner out, champagne, massages, pedicures, shopping, buffalo wings and movies.  It was a celebration of new beginnings and the long needed closure to the 23rd year of my life. 

If I look back on my life 1 year ago from today, things were so different. Things were complicated and difficult. I was on the brink of falling apart. I couldn’t eat. I couldn’t sleep. I couldn’t think. Every day I woke up wondering when the bad dream would be over. 

Just after I turned 23, I made a decision. A big and hard decision. A decision that made my life fall into a twisted rabbit hole of events that led me where I am right now. It took a long time, but through three homes, endless suitcases, and countless tears, I found myself again. I regained stability. I regained confidence. I changed my life into exactly what I had imagined my life could be: a life of love and happiness.

24 is bound to be the most wonderful year of my life, yet. With a new path before me, the ones I love beside me, and the past behind me, nothing can stop me. Happy Birthday. 

“I have to tell you a secret that will see you through all the trials that life can offer. Have courage and be kind.” - Cinderella

a gift from Big A - remember the solar systems from, here.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

All images and content are Copyright of Tiffany Burns

All images and content are Copyright of Tiffany Burns