The Half Marathon

11:42 AM

I’m not really sure how to write about running my half marathon. I want to say that it was this incredible, motivational, and life changing experience, but I also want to say that it was awful and hard. Don’t get me wrong, I’m so proud of myself and I’m really happy to say that I’ve checked it off my bucket list (I’m a half marathon finisher!), but I’ll probably never run another one.

Today, my body is so exhausted and so achy that it actually hurts to breathe.  The truth is for the last 4 miles of the half, I felt this way. Sore, exhausted, hungry, and blistered. I was so close though, that I kept moving. I pounded my feet against the pavement – swearing that my feet were bleeding – until I crossed the finish line. It was an emotional moment when it finally came to a screeching halt. I had just run 13.1 miles at my own will.

After I stopped running and I finally caught my breath, I felt stronger. I finished the half in the 3:03 minutes. It took 3:03 minutes for me to regain all the strength I’d felt as though I lost since December of last year.

Sore or not, I feel undefeated and it’s a feeling I’ll never forget. 
Check out these two - waiting for me at mile 9 and mile 13 when I needed them most. They made the best signs. Thanks guys.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. That is such an awesome achievement!!! I am so proud for you especially now that I understand what it means and what it meant to you!!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

All images and content are Copyright of Tiffany Burns

All images and content are Copyright of Tiffany Burns