Mexico (4/4) - Chichén Itzá

4:59 PM

Here it is the last and final installment of our vacation photos from over a month ago. So here it is in all it's glory, one of the seven wonders of the ancient world, Chichén Itzá!

As a child, I used to hoard books about the Mayans and scour the pictures of their beautiful ancient cities. I'd imagine myself standing there among them, among beauty I couldn't imagine.

Well this year I had my chance. At 24 years old, I had my chance. In the blazing heat of the Mexican sun, I stared at the beautiful pyramid in the center of the city. Decaying and decrepit it towered over us as a beacon of the past. Of all the places I've been, I've never seen anything like it. 

It was a hell of journey to get to it and it was extremely hot, but it was an experience I'd do again and again. Me and my two best friends, deep in ancient history, and sweating death. That's what vacations are made of. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

All images and content are Copyright of Tiffany Burns

All images and content are Copyright of Tiffany Burns