date night : under the sea

9:13 AM

A week or so ago, Big and I had tickets to the theatre: The Little Mermaid's National Tour! We dressed in our fanciest frocks, had sushi, had cocktails, and headed under the sea.

I must say, I was little underwhelmed by the production and by the Fair Park venue. The show itself was dull, especially in comparison to other Disney productions I've seen (The Lion King, Beauty & The Beast, Aladdin) but the swimming mermaids and Ursula's "Poor Unfortunate Souls" had me nostalgic about my favorite Disney movie growing up. I left feeling like the show could've been better, but I was still happy to see it come to life. The venue, on the other hand, was disappointing to say the least. It's old, it's dirty, it's sound system was deafening, it was exactly what I did not expect. So for us, we won't be attending any more productions at Fair Park. Harsh, I know. 

So although the show was dull and the venue was sad, we had a lot of fun together. Plus, sushi and cocktails might be our new go to for date night and perhaps, theatre or not, we’ll keep the ties and dresses. Who doesn’t love dressing to impress? 
On her - Dress : Modcloth // Shoes: Vince Celeste Pumps
On him - Shirt: H&M // Tie: Tie Bar "Spring Mint"

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I am so sorry it was not up to our PAC standards! But you both look wonderful! And your Mr Big is a great sport as shown on our Easter/my birthday celebration ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

All images and content are Copyright of Tiffany Burns

All images and content are Copyright of Tiffany Burns