we've moved

1:28 PM

Back in August, Big A and I were on a vacation in Chicago. We had just spent the day touring the city on the Big Bus and had just finished watching the dolphin show at the Shedd Aquarium. The weather outside was gorgeous so rather than catching the bus, we walked the two miles up the lake coast, through Millennium Park back to our hotel room. Along the walk, something very special happened, a talk happened. Now Big A and I talk a lot, or rather, I talk a lot, so it’s not out of character that we had a talk during these two miles. The special part was that we felt like we belonged in Chicago. After some discussion, we decided that we were going to move there. We decided that in May when our leases in Texas were up that we would move to Chicago.

Now, it’s May and we live in Chicago. In retrospect, I still can’t believe we pulled it off. But right now while I write this post, I am sitting on the balcony of the 11th floor, looking over that exact sidewalk where we made this decision. I’m not sure that it’s sunk in quite yet that we live here, but we do. We’ve moved. We’ve moved into a new home, with new jobs, in a new city, with a new life, together.


And so it begins....

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

All images and content are Copyright of Tiffany Burns

All images and content are Copyright of Tiffany Burns