a new thing

1:14 PM

At the beginning of the year, Big A and I made some New Year's Resolutions, one of which was to make healthier decisions and so far we've done pretty great. I mentioned in that same New Year's Resolution that Big A had quit eating meat and aside from going astray a few times, I've actually been doing the same. I know it sounds crazy and you're probably thinking, "I could never do that" but I have to say, it's been much easier than I thought.

What's been the most horrifying/good part of it, is the weight loss and how just generally healthier my body feels. I feel good. I feel strong. I can exercise longer. I can take the stairs more. I feel healthy and happy. Heather Morgan once said, "Every time you eat or drink you are either feeding disease or fighting it." I wish so badly I could just make everyone I know do this for 30 days. Just 30 days is all it takes.

So if you're even remotely interested, just take one night and make a meatless meal. You could make chipotle chili, black bean burgers, buffalo or BBQ cauliflower, portabello steaks, tofu hotdogs (they taste the same), or even bean & rice burritos. All of which are insanely delicious and healthy for your body. If you continue after one meal, I highly suggest getting this book. It's full of amazing recipes and it's been our go to as a learning tool. Outside of that book or if you want to start with something free, pinterest is also a well of fantastic recipes for vegans, vegetarian, meatless menus.

For Big A and I, this has been a fun and healthy adventure that I believe we've only just begun.  So below, I've broken down 3 of our favorite recipes so far: an appetizer (or something to take to work), a main meal, and a breakfast. Try one. Any one. Just one. Tell me it's not worth giving 30 days. If I can, anyone can. Just ask my parents.

1. 7 Layer Mediterranean Dip (see recipe, here)

2. Black Bean Burgers & Sweet Potato Fries (see recipe, here)
3. Blueberry Peach Breakfast Bake (see recipe, here)

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. What book is it? I did not see a title, did I miss it? I am considering trying this when the house is done and we get settled, because like you said if you can do it then Dad can at least try it lol ❤️

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

All images and content are Copyright of Tiffany Burns

All images and content are Copyright of Tiffany Burns