strength

12:44 PM



I haven’t spoken much on here about what’s coming up in December but it’s a pretty big deal so let me tell you what's going down: On Sunday, December 13th, I’ll be running my very first half marathon here in Dallas, Texas.

I’m not sure why I haven’t talked about it much but I’m actually very proud of myself and I know when I cross that finish line I’m going to be fulfilling a part of me I didn’t even know I was missing. It will be a personal accomplishment. It’s on my bucket list and it’s not for anyone but me - I'm certainly not getting paid to do it and no one is making me.

I'm just doing it for me.

You see, over the last year, running has been an outlet (of sorts) for me. It has saved me. Damned me. Been hard. Been easy. Been done out of anger. Out of shame. Out of joy. Out of excitement. It has and will remain a part of who I am long after I finish this half marathon. Maybe I'll go one to run more or maybe even a marathon (cough, unlikely, cough).

But I’m running this December to say that I can. 
To show how strong I am. 
To show that I won’t back down. 
To show that I cannot be broken.

13.1

wish me luck!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

All images and content are Copyright of Tiffany Burns

All images and content are Copyright of Tiffany Burns