the pumpkin village

6:47 AM

One weekend, Big A sat me down and asked me what I wanted to do for my birthday. I thought up some things and we wrote them down and made a plan. Even though for weeks and even minutes up until my birthday I kept changing my mind about what I wanted to do, one thing I was certain I wanted to do was go to the Dallas Arboretum and see the Pumpkin Village.

On Friday morning, we took off work and made plans to hit up the big pumpkin town but instead it rained. It rained and rained. For hours, for five inches, it did nothing but rain. I was certain I wouldn't get to see the pumpkins. I was so doom and gloom, I may have cried. But in the afternoon, the rain stopped, the sky cleared, and Big A took me in my boots to see the Pumpkin Village.

It was so beautiful and so fun. Made even more unexpectedly fun by the rain. Puddles, overcast, and cool weather. Plus, we were the only people there. We had the whole place to ourselves.

Just me and you and the pumpkin village. A birthday present all by itself.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

All images and content are Copyright of Tiffany Burns

All images and content are Copyright of Tiffany Burns