houston trip 3/4 - Jurassic Park Edition

7:39 PM

Sunday was technically our last real day in Houston.

I woke up that morning feeling blessed and loved so I really wanted to do something to make it extra special.

I woke up first, got in my car, and headed down the road to Shipley’s Do-nuts and picked up a dozen (half glazed, half maple) doughnuts and two coffees. Unfortunately on my way back home for what I thought would be a sweet breakfast in bed, I ran a red light and got in my first car accident in 7 years. It was minor really, but at eight in the morning it wasn’t exactly the best way to start the day.

After I picked up the rest of my dignity (Big A insisted we continue the weekend head on and smiles on!), we went out for the day and we had big plans: the Houston Museum of Natural Science and the Downtown Aquarium.**

The museum was fun, but for the most part it was a bunch of small exhibits about science: a lot about oil, a little about space, atoms, and then some random exhibits featuring artifacts from Egypt and China. But by FAR, the most incredible exhibit there was the Morian Hall of Paleontology.

I don’t know a lot about dinosaurs, who does though, really? But I do know more than most people. Aside from a real obsession with Jurassic Park, I’ve read loads of books and articles about paleontology. But sadly, I’ve never actually seen dinosaur bones. But on Sunday all of that changed.

I walked into the Morian Hall and was taken aback by sight of what was before me. Creatures bigger than I could imagine stood before me and I stood in awe. It actually brought me to tears. It was so moving and so incredible. It was an experience of a lifetime.

“Because the history of evolution is that life escapes all barriers. Life breaks free. Life expands to new territories. Painfully, perhaps even dangerously. But life finds a way.” 
 Michael Crichton, Jurassic Park

**only the first part of our day is featured in this post, I ran out of room! :)




































 (If you've ever seen The Mummy, you can appreciate what this lil guy is)

**to be continued

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

All images and content are Copyright of Tiffany Burns

All images and content are Copyright of Tiffany Burns